Today I made several attempts to generate a quote for my family on the Obamacare Marketplaces. I started at 6:15 AM, and continued to try throughout the day.
So then I moved on to the 800#.
I spoke to 3 customer service people today, at different times during the day. Here are some of the comments that I was told by them.
- We have not had very much training, so please bear with me.
- I’m just reading the web site to you.
- We are just trying to figure it out as we go.
- Yes, Marketplace Insurance is an insurance company.
- Yes, the federal government owns Marketplace Insurance.
- Yes, you can apply by phone.
- No, you can’t apply by phone.
- Yes, you can apply by phone, but you need to fill out an application.
- Yes, I can tell you how much you would need to pay.
- No, I can’t tell you how much you would need to pay.
- Oh no, my computer just froze up on me. I need to reboot and you will need to call back.
- No, we don’t have any tracking number for your phone call to reference when you call back.
- Yes, we can track you in our system by your phone number.
- No, we can’t track your phone number….what is your phone # again?
- No we can’t give you any quotes today, all of our systems are crashed.
- Please try the website or try again later.
- Hopefully we will get this fixed soon.
I checked back at around 4:30 PM, and healthcare.gov still would not let me past the security questions, and when I tried to login, still did not recognize my logins.
Looks like I am unable to get quotes on 10/1/2013