It has been nearly 6 months since I made some news by trying every day for 62 days to get an official quote from Obamacare’s http://www.healthcare.gov
Vince Coglianese wrote about my travails at the Daily Caller. http://dailycaller.com/2013/12/02/man-receives-obamacare-quote-62-days-after-first-attempt/
Now, just today, totally out of the blue, nearly 6 months from when I applied, I received an inquiry from Health Insurance Marketplace asking me to prove that each of my family members are US Citizens. There are several humorous aspects of receiving this mailing today.
- It asks about my 7 family members. We only have 5, and every other correspondence has correctly listed us as 5.
- On January 15, 2014, after I was approve for coverage, I attempted to CANCEL my coverage, but was told I could not. Here is my blog post from that day. https://davepetno.com/2014/01/15/no-way-to-cancel-obamacare-coverage/
- I have never paid any premium to make the coverage active.
- I have never received any reminder notices, nor cancellation notices from the insurance company, or http://www.healthcare.gov
- Therefore, I do not have coverage.
This basically confirms my theory that the Obama Administration has been counting my family of 5, now overstating us as 7, in the 8 Million Plus enrollees in Obamacare.